The girl in the blue silk dress

I like to think that I am completely and utterly fantastic at everything. Yeah, I do like to think that, in my dreams. Sadly though, as a human, I am completely and utterly flawed in every aspect of the word. But, I am a person, and that's what makes us all so lovely and beautiful.


But I have this dress, this blue silk Anthropologie dress that when I put it on, I am convinced that I am fantastic at everything... yeah that's quite an affect for a dress. I mean it though, the world can not touch me when this dress is on- it solves all of my problems! Woah dramatic katie, I'll try and calm down. In the winter I love to wear soft silk with chunky knit sweaters and tights- it's the perfect contrast... which in turn makes me want to take walks outside in the freezing air( which isn't always as picturesque as it sounds seeing as I have asthma and sometimes can get to quite a cough when it's negative degrees and I am running around on top of a mountain 8,000 ft above sea level, just let me day dream please.) Oh my... I just reread that sentence, I am the biggest nerd west of the Mississippi... that's just not good.

Anyways, the point is, this dress I kind of see as my personality. It's soft yet crisp, it's not structured but loose and it moves with a flow, it's antique looking yet completely fresh and new, it's the color of a sky in the early mornings when everything around is settled and undisturbed- my favorite part of the day if I happen to be awake for it( which doesn't always fit into a university schedule of 3 am study crams)... this dress just screams Kaitlyn Anne- it just is me.

Now, I am aware that I sound just about like the biggest girly girl to grace this planet with her presence, but well, yeah sometimes I can be- and I love it! Although I am ultra sweaty at the gym or out running, and I would rather be hiking than doing just about anything else, wearing dresses everyday puts me in a better mood and I have just learned to accept that fact about myself. But this dress is even more special than that. This dress makes the world spin round for me, it isn't "lucky" nor do I believe it has magical super powers...but really my blue silk dress is just me.

I imagine I can't be the only person who has something that makes them feel amazing, I mean don't get me wrong, I am not saying I treasure a dress over people or my relationships with those around me, but somedays- I just can't go wrong with this dress where as with people I can. It's a constant in a world of mass chaos. Maybe that's it, maybe it is the fact that this dress never disappoints... even on the days when I find myself a disappointment and can't get things right.

So do you have something like my blue silk dress, I'd like to think most people do? My blue silk dress makes me day dream, it makes me smile,it makes me passionate, it makes me in awe of beauty around me, it mirrors my personality, it makes me playful, it makes me content, it's the power of my perfect dress.

I am the girl in the blue silk dress today, it's going to be a day filled with awe. Today is going to be dreamy. : )

P.S.- There is snow supposedly Friday, perfect end to a week? I believe so, I do believe so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment