Suspending Reality

In musical theatre we are taught to suspend reality- just as our audience will. I mean, you don't really stand facing out when talking to a person... you face them. And let's face it... tin cans don't actually come to life when they are fed oil... but when I played Dorothy, oh wow I did believe it!


But what about in real life? Do you often suspend reality? Do we all suspend reality on a daily basis?

The problem with answering these questions is that like I showed in my latest post... we all have different realities. So say you are an intuitive... and you end up being psychic as many intuitives seem to be... it isn't suspending reality for you to be able to see or do things that say the thinker may have to suspend reality to have a chance at believing in. Odd to think about right? What if things we see around us aren't always what they seem- what if we lived in a different reality and we were able to make sense of these things?

If we could consciously shift our realities, learn to actually put ourself in a new reality, could we be capable of new things?

I am unsure if you believe in ghosts, or psychics, or astrology, or God, or something beyond just molecules and their forms. But the truth is.... whether we believe in each of those things has to do with whether we are a feeling type, a thinking type, a sensation type, or a intuitive type- not if these things are real or not. Whether we believe in these things is solely based upon the reality we live in and not in anyway whether they are fact or fiction. If that is true- then if we can shift our reality- we can be capable of other things. If the thinker can become the feeler- maybe that person can believe in the power of Love and a god instead of fact based science. If the sensationist can become the intuitive- maybe that person who only seeks the here and now can know what lies in the future without much effort. What if we all could teach ourselves to live in a new reality and experience all it has to offer.

I know this sounds far fetched and a bit nutty to many out there, but if these things are only true to those who believe in them that means that the person who is intuitive doesn't have to suspend reality to believe in psychics or the feeler doesn't have to suspend reality to believe in God or love or the thinker doesn't have to suspend reality to believe that this world is here because of chance and carbon dioxide and the sensationist doesn't have to suspend reality to believe there is nothing except the now. So do we ever want to suspend our realities? To suspend my reality I would have to take on the reality of another type- I would have to become fully a thinker or a sensationist... but I don't want too.

Do we ever really want to suspend reality? Or do we like the world we view through our own? It's comfortable for me to know that there is something out there- be it God or something else. And it is comfortable for me to know that I have a future waiting ahead of me created by change and adventure, and that love will partly determine my future. For me to think in terms of molecules...to suspend my reality of intuition and feeling... sounds horrible.

So that's just it... we like the realities we live in. Why would I change the way I view the beautiful and loving world around me? But if I did... if I could consciously force myself to change into a thinking type- could I believe in the power of science above all? It's such an incredible thought to think, that I could fully believe that the truth is something else if I lived in another reality.

So, although it is scary and almost impossible, if we could try to live in another reality for even just a minute, we could experience a whole new side to life. We could experience a whole new world with all new truths. Okay... now tell me you aren't dieing to break out into a chorus of " A Whole New World" right now... I hope I am not the only one. : )

Think on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment