It's a wonderful life

Last December I took some time and followed my very own Yorkshire man back to his city, I spent my first Christmas away from home. I ate more than any one person should eat. I got actually "piss" drunk for the first time in my life. I felt more homesick than I've ever felt in my life. I lit my dress on fire in a fire place. Again, I drank more alcohol than I've ever consumed before. I pet a donkey. I realized just how loud growing up in America has made me compared to everyone else, seriously, it's embarrassing. I watched wayyy to much top gear and come dine with me. And I had an amazing time even though I cried... often and hard.


But, hey, that's just me. I cry. Anyways... there is a point to this! I've been a bit of free spirit these past few years. I've floated around university programs... arts and anthropology and writing and so on and finally found humanities but hadn't really known how to hone that down and create a life I wanted to live... a life that will inspire. Since I realized that my life long dream of having no consequences and travelling the world until my hair grows grey would probably be not a great idea... I started wanting to find something I felt ready to devote too. While on my English Christmas Extravaganza, the badger's family took us two to London for a few hours one day. We stopped by the V&A and I saw an exhibit which included clips from The Rite of Spring... my favorite ballet because of what an important role it plays in human history. Walking through the V&A is something else, literally. The fact that people get to spend their time working there surrounded by some of the greatest human accomplishments just blows my tiny American cultured mind. I cannot help but feel things when I'm in a place like that, literally you can feel the past there.

So when I cam back to the good ol' USA to continue my university work I finally choose a "focus." Museum Studies. This is pretty big for me, I never make decisions like this. So wish me luck on my new adventure! I hope to one day be able to surround myself with some of the greatest achievements of human kind, on a daily basis.

I hope that anyone who stumbles into reading this has led and is living a life in which inspiration is around them. Let it surround you. Let it envelope you. Let it arouse you. But most importantly, share it with those around you. Let's inspire each other.

And even though you will probably never read this, I'd like to give an incredibly important thank you to the Badgers for inviting me and having me during a very special time of the year. I regret that I was so incredibly shy, but it's only because I worry about my obnoxiously American cultured self around people of other less loud cultures. So thank you : )



1 comments:

February 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM Christine Marie said...

Ooo Museum Studies!! You will be SO good at that, Kaitlyn! Good luck, I'm excited to see all the amazing things you do :) Or rather, the amazing things you continue to do.

Post a Comment