Katie on Love


I am not sure about you all, but I have a very hard time with the fact that I love way to many people and things. I don't just mean love as in sweaty palms racing hearts at the sight of a lover love, but best friends, family, dogs, the soft ivory sweater the girl is wearing that walks past me, listening to Judy Garland when I'm feeling down, doing my homework to Josh Groban's Christmas CD, wearing my blue silk dress, eating steamed vegetables and drinking tea, going home to costco trips and laying on our plaid couch in big baggy t-shirts, being the peanut butter between two people when snuggling, doing absolutely anything outdoors, playing ghost in the grave yard, studying anthropology and the human condition, watching old musicals and singing along, playing the same song in the car over and over until a new favorite comes out, going to Snowbowl after class to the prairie where we walk around, skyping callum, skyping my dad from his office even though it rarely works out well, reading travel blogs, dancing, going for runs to this fantastic fitness park, taking late night walks with good people, smelling coffee beans and drinking coffee when I need it, dressing people up in my clothes and outfits I create, Spending an hour looking at Anthropologie the store imagining the places I would go in the beautiful golden sweater dress I am currently obsessed with, going to vintage and antique stores, listening to records, baking christmas cookies and frosting them every christmas even though I am the only one who still enjoys that tradition, lighting candles that smell of warm inviting scents, being a vegetarian, traveling- and the thought of traveling the world, learning about people and their pasts and futures, perfectly crisp apples, snuggling with Arnold the greatest dog in the world, burts bees chap-stick, fire places, going to museums, studying history, seeing a show, brand new t-strap character shoes, new tights, flowy skirts, linen in the summer, the sweaty palmed feeling and excitement of meeting someone new and the nerves when they place their hand on your back,corduroy, scrary movies ( not to get confused with gory movies), girl movies when I want to cry, mittens, playing with kids, chasing Kim and being chased by Kim in circles in our kitchen, autumn and winter, dreaming up plans of travels and adventure in my head, white lace, learning new songs to sing, listening to anything Jason Robert Brown has composed, watching the Nutcracker... oh my goodness, the list goes on and on.

The fact of the matter is, I love far to many things.... honestly. I can't control the fact that I just love it all. I need to seriously calm my roll. Who am I kidding, everyday I discover something new I love to add to the list! But above all of these things, I love people the most. People as a whole, I love meeting new people, I love learning about people, I love people. But specifically, I do favor some... so here is to loving full heartedly. Here is to loving so many things so strongly and passionately that I might actually be skitzo.... but seriously.

And to those of you in my life that I love the most, thank you for being the loves of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment